Professional coaching has grown rapidly over the last several years. While this presents coaches with many new opportunities, it also creates a more competitive marketplace. In the 2018 ICF Global Coaching Study, coaches said their No. 1 obstacle was “untrained individuals who call themselves coaches.” Coaches need credibility to set themselves apart and a community to grow alongside.
International Coaching Federation (ICF) Members get instant credibility by using the ICF brand, digital badge, and by becoming part of the largest community of professionally trained coaches. The ICF provides world-class products and services so that members can achieve their goal of transforming lives, one client at a time.
1. Instant credibility — Members can use the ICF logo on promotional materials.
2. Professional clout — The ICF sets the standard in the profession. The existence of the ICF Code of Ethics, Ethical Conduct Review Process, member eligibility requirements, and the ICF Core Competencies tells the world that ICF Members are held to high standards.
3. Tools to market yourself — The Marketing Toolkit provides access to a range of tools, from a sample coaching agreement to press-release to business-card templates.
4. Leadership development — Contribute by volunteering for leadership. In addition to developing your leadership skills, this builds up your resume.
5. Connect in community — Members can attend a number of global events and conferences at a discounted rate. This allows you to expand your network and develop professionally.
6. Continuing education opportunities — The ICF is passionate about continuing education for coaches. ICF Members can earn CCE units through chapter events and ICF Virtual Education.
7. Industry research at your fingertips — Members have access to the ICF Research Portal—industry research that can be used in business and marketing plans, proposals and media pitches.
8. Extra money in your pocket — Members are eligible for monetary discounts on everything from final reports of ICF research studies and ICF Credential first-time and renewal applications to goods and services by ICF Business & Media Partners.
How To Join The ICF Edmonton Charter Chapter
You automatically become a Basic Member of the ICF Edmonton Charter Chapter when you join ICF and select Edmonton as your host chapter. It's that simple!
There are no additional Edmonton Chapter membership fees unless you choose to post a full coaches profile on ICF Edmonton website. To do this purchase a Premium Membership for $120.00 per year.